Car Care Tips
Car Care Tips
- Check your fluid levels periodically even if your car is not very old.
- Check the pressure of your tires regularly. Tires under inflated cause tire wear and waste of fuel.
- Accelerate slowly and smoothly. Get into a higher gear as quickly as possible.
Getting Better Mileage is Simple:
- Keep your eyes on long engine idling periods. Long unnecessary idling periods wastes your gas. It is better to turn off the engine and start again later.
- Check your car for proper alignment. Improper alignment, besides causing faster tire wear, also puts an extra load on the engine.
- It is very important to do a safety check before starting out on a trip. A visit to your mechanic can help ensure a safe and pleasant drive.
- Follow your owner’s manual for service schedules.
- Keep your maintenance records updated with the services you have done. They can be very useful in correctly diagnosing your car’s problem.
- Take your vehicle to a certified mechanic shop to make sure your repairs are done correctly.
- Request Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts to be installed on your vehicle.
- If any warning light is lit on your dash then your car needs to be looked at by a specialist technician. Warning lights notify you about malfunctions on your vehicle.
Is it time for your car’s factory scheduled maintenance? Do you need your oil changed? Give us a call today at 703-777-6232 for more details about our services.